Saturday 4 June 2016

Make cooking your fave thing to do on the road, water, trail...


MSR Windburner Stove

So we don't really understand Reactor (insert registered trademark symbol here) technology, but what we do know is that the Windburner Stove is super easy to just throw in our backpack to take with us on any bicycle/motorbike/canoe/sailing trip that we take.

If that sounds a little like planes, trains, and automobiles then you are beginning to understand a week in the life of Canadian Destinations Mag travel writers! We take this little stove with us everywhere and it always lights, boils in about as much time as it takes us to find the coffee press, and has a great matching skillet.

My only complaint is - why didn’t you create this 15 years ago!? It’s my one-stop stove; all I ever need. It boils water in about 2.2 minutes, and that means fast coffee... who doesn't want fast coffee?!?
My favourite things about this hot little gem:


  • One neat pot with all components fitting inside 
  • One flick of my bic and it’s lit
  • One hand pouring
  • One second to pop the pot on it's radiant burner
  • Simple 
  • Safe 
  • Stellar
  • Stable
  • It matches up with the MSR Windburner Skillet
  • Boiling water is a pleasure
  • It’s one of the few pots that actually does so when you watch it



MSR Windburner Skillet

This sweet little fold-up-able frying pan relieved me of the often felt guilt I experienced every camping trip when I'd burn whatever I was frying - then swear excessively.

This skillet is made to evenly distribute heat from the heat of the Windburner Stove to this complementing frypan without burning. How did they do that? Well, it's hard-anodized aluminum. It also has sloped sides for easy flipping, and an elevated design which disperses the heat much more evenly than any camping pan I have ever used. Effin' eh!

Did I mention it's non-stick. I’m nearly tempted to use it at home - but I’d hate to forget it in my pantry, and then will again be swearing excessively when I arrive at my site and realize my forgetfulness.

www.cascadedesigns.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment