Monday 23 May 2016

Skhoop Gretchen Windstopper Mini Skirt for Camping - by Wendy B

So, I show up like Cindy Crawford to the Algonquin Backwoods office. I’m in a flashy new bright blue Patagonia jacket, black tights, new FiveTen hikers, a shiny new portage pack, and I’m wearing a funky green and black skirt over my tights - oh, and I have with me my very own photographer. 

Skirt? Seriously! I’m a tom-boy at heart so I felt a little weird, especially when some guy much younger than me exclaimed as I walked by him at the park office, “Damn girl you look fine in that skirt!”. 

Okay so enough about me. The Skhoop Windstopper skirt ensured that the warmest part of me all weekend was my butt. Actually, that was the only warm part of me all weekend. It snowed when we were portaging back. And do you know how canoe seats can be hard and uncomfortable at times? I don’t. 

Also, there is a perfect little pocket in the front of the skirt which housed my Swiss Army knife, my SPF lip balm, and my lighter. 

Dudes were all unorganized, losing their stuff, and I was like - here you go, borrow my knife, it’s just right here in my mini skirt. The Girl Scouts in my world would have this as part of their uniform.  

So, I don’t know if Cindy portages, but if she did, she’d want to wear this skirt.. and bring her own camera guy. 

Visit us on our website! 




No comments:

Post a Comment