Thursday 16 June 2016

Thanks Sea To Summit for saving my life


Sea to Summit X-Series Collapsible Dinnerware

My old potset and dishes took up about a small breadbox worth of size in my pack. Due to the awkward shape and size of pots, cups, and bowls, I have always wrestled with them in my pack. Not any more! Sea To Summit has a collapsible 3L pot, two bowls, and two cups that fit like a sweet simple jigsaw puzzle right into their frying pan home. Thats right, one big pot, one frying pan, two bowls, and two cups in a Frisbee amount of space. A Frisbee!


Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Compression Sack

Quite apparent when my photographer Chris was packing his
sleeping bag in it’s standard container - my compression sack was a little bit of gold. This is one of those times when smaller is better. 

His sleeping bag was about the size of two motorcycle helmets. Mine - stuffed into the small compression sack, was smaller than a standard camping cook pot. Have you been to Sea to Summit's website? It's gear heaven on-line. Sea to Summit has a plethora of compression sacks, packing cells, dry sacks, mesh sacks, and even a sleeping mattress pump, which doubles as a stuff sack! They have enough colour and variety to make sense of your entire camping pack. Thanks Sea to Summit for keeping us organized and compressed. 


Sea to Summit Silk liner

I think I can say I may have died without this. Hypothermia is a reality when in the backwater, in the rain, in -2 degrees Celsius. I have a down sleeping bag rated for -7 but I find it’s good to about 0 for me.

When it got to -2 at bedtime, and I was wet, tired, and frustrated, I
poured myself into my bag and I was no warmer. Lightbulb. Wrap
yourself in the silk liner. It just seemed intuitive. I was instantly caressed by the soothing feeling of silk, and warmed up as though it was firing my body heat right back at me. It’s probably designed to do just that, but all I knew that night was that I was very thankful I had it. I later learned from Sea to Summit that this liner is made from super strong, ripstop silk and has stretch panels which allow the liner to move with you when you turn. Brilliant design and a life saver. 


Visit on-line gear heaven...
http://www.seatosummit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment